Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Bad news on Pinkham Way

This news article disturbed me greatly, as the unpopular Pinkham way plan really ought to be finished by now. Though it mostly affects Coppetts ward, residents in East Finchley spoke to me during my election about the site, and are very unhappy about it. I have done my best by highlighting the issue here on the blog, and actually talking to residents about it. Barnet Labour have led the way on Pinkham Way.

I hope that this plan is re-thought and that a more environmentally sound option is approved, preferrably making greater use of recyling, which is a woeful 33% in Barnet. I have tried to ascertain figures for East Finchley (as we are generally a more environmentally conscious and concerned part of the borough) and for statistics on estates, as in my opinion we need to re-evaluate how to promote recycling there, especially in flats and tower blocks.