Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Thursday 31 January 2013

Keeping an eye on the forgotten

I was glad to hear that Barnet Homes did a tour around some of the Estates in East Finchley, such as Font Hills and the Alder Court / King Street estates. These are some of the less well known, but equally challenging estates in the ward. It's easy to forget there is more than just Strawberry Vale and the Grange, so I am always glad when we can give positive attention to other estates.

Last year we took Barnet Homes to visit my own estate on Prospect Ring, which still has several issues we are picking up on. I would at some point like to get a visit to Elmhurst Crescent and Brownswell Road at some point too. I have a particular bugbear about a delapidated playground at the end of Brownswell Road.

Also important not to neglect Tarling Road, Briar Close or the Servite Estate (Viridian homes).

On the other side, just outside East Finchley is Basing Way, where there are also a number of issues.

Although not everyone is a fan of Barnet homes, I have always found them useful and helpful. They respond to queries on time, listen to my concerns and usually act upon them. I hope this carries forwards.