Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Thursday 28 February 2013

East Finchley Festival

After the Westminster training, I went to the East Finchley festival committee, to plan ahead for this year. Colin Rogers is a highly efficient chair, and we got a lot covered in good time. we planned for the stalls, security, stewarding (which is henceforth my responsibility), food and entertainment.

I am always struck by how well served by what a dynamic and talented group co-ordinate the event. They are well organised and capable, which leaves me wondering why on earth they need the services of a bumpkin like me.

I thought I would advertise that the battle of the bands will be held at the East Finchley Constitutional club on Saturday 16th March from 2pm. There are some excellent acts lined up, and our newest member Pat is full of brilliant innovative ideas, so I expect the festival will be bigger and better than before.