Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Monday 18 March 2013

Battle of the Bands

Saturday afternoon was an odd one for your musically challenged Councillor. I was asked to hep the festival committee judge the acts who will play at this summers fesitval, on 23rd June.

I have no taste in music whatsoever, and as far as I am concerned, the 1812 overture is the nearest I get to popular music. Why I was asked to judge is a mystery unbeknowest to me. Perhaps it was our legendary East Finchley humour?

In any case, I was joined by other committee members, who thankfully posess the personality I am sadly lacking. I am pleased to say the acts we heard were all very good, and I think the lineup will be popular. There is some good variety, so if you don't come and see them then you'll be missing out, and could get very sad.

I was also fasting on the day, which made the Indian food unbearable to tolerate seeing.