Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Tuesday 23 July 2013

HOSC

I was pleased that at the latest Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee we covered some issues very important to me, the Brunswick Park Health Centre and access and travel to Finchley Memorial.

You really have to ask what the point of the Cabinet member for health is, if she constantly delegates all responsibility to others and claims no influence. I think it is becoming a joke that every time Cllr Ioannidis asks her what she is doing, she says she can't do anything. Well done Andreas is all I can say. If it wasn't for his pressure there would be nothing being done to get this moving.

I was also displeased by the attitude of the Mayor of London towards improving bus access to Finchley Memorial Hospital. Andrew Dismore seems to have put in a lot of work for several months trying to get him to even look into it, and thus far the mayor has done nothing. It was interesting that Helena Hart waved a letter from his Borisness saying he would personally look into it. Why, after months of questions from Andrew Dismore had he not done that before? Does he not listen to residents represented by the Labour Party?

I am glad he has suddenly taken interest, no doubt to claim credit for himself.