Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Monday 14 October 2013

A visit from European colleagues

I really enjoyed seeing Claude Moraes MEP, who came to Finchley to campaign with us. The European elections are the same day as Councils next year, 22nd May, so it is nice to make sure people understand what is on the two ballots. I have always liked and admired Claude, who is one of the nicest people in London politics. I was equally impressed with Lucy Anderson, a candidate. I had not met her before, and it was a real pleasure. She is very engaging, and good at talking to people not generally inclined to Labour. I hope she is elected next year, as she will be a real asset to the Labour MEP Group. I look forward to working hard to try and make that happen.